The Independence Art Association is interested in finding local artists who would like to come to one monthly meeting to present your work, techniques, methods, advise on advertising, selling, etc. Artists would have 30 to 40 minutes for a presentation. There is a stipend available for artists presenting. If you are interested, email Marcia Pugh at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Independence Art Association was formed prior to 1951. On May 18, 1960, it became legally recognized as The Community Art Association of Independence, Missouri, a non-profit corporation. On January 9, 1976, its name was officially changed to The Independence Art Association, Inc., as it was always popularly known. The organization was formed for the following purposes:
- To foster and promote the study, research, and diffusion of knowledge of the fine arts.
- To cause to be published and distributed, addresses, reports, treaties and literary works on the fine arts.
- To give shows and lectures and instructions in fine arts.
- To establish scholarships for worthy art students and to promote and aid students within the Independence School District in the appreciation of the arts.
- To advance the educational, civic and social life of its members and the general public.*