FOCUS: OK↔KC, a collaborative project of Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition and the Charlotte Street Foundation, is designed to challenge, support and connect artists working in Kansas City and Oklahoma; to engage arts professionals from both outside and within the region with artists from these communities; and to foster increased exposure for, and critical dialogue about, the work of artists practicing in our region.
This Multi-Component Exhibition Includes:
- A curated group exhibition of Oklahoma and Kansas City artists in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- A curated group exhibition of Oklahoma and Kansas City artists in Kansas City, Missouri
- Residencies of up to 2 weeks for select participating Kansas City artists in Tulsa, leading up to the exhibition in Tulsa
- Residencies of up to 2 weeks for select participating Oklahoma artists in Kansas City, leading up to the exhibition in Kansas City
- Public programs in each city organized in conjunction with the exhibitions
- A catalogue including commissioned essays about the exhibitions and participating artists
Kansas City based visual and cross-disciplinary artists whose work can be presented in a gallery context are invited to apply. Artists must be 21 years or older and NOT have a substantial history of national exhibitions and high profile solo shows. Applicants should be interested in and prepared to actively engage with curators, critics, and peer artists involved in the project, as well as with arts patrons and members of the public in each city.