- 12:00 AM
The Lawrence Arts Center is seeking a part-time Exhibitions Coordinator to join our Exhibitions Team. Strong administrative skills are a must for this position – experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, is necessary, as well as the ability to use database and donation software. Previous gallery and installation experience is preferred.
Strong communication skills are necessary. Ideal candidates would be able to foster strong relationships with artists, the public, potential art buyers, and groups wanting tours of the gallery. Knowledge of contemporary art, art history, and various art media would be an asset.
Applicants must be able to work in a team environment. This position also requires art handling, some heavy lifting, and working on ladders.
Position requires 25 hours of work per week minimum, with the option for flexible scheduling with advanced notice and approval from Exhibitions Director. Some benefits available. Applications will be taken until Friday, May 26th. Training for the position would begin in early July or sooner if possible.
- Handling all artist-admin communications: works directly with exhibiting artists to schedule exhibits, gather exhibition materials, arrange artist travel, draft contracts, shipping, and transactions. The Exhibitions Coordinator also acts as a liaison to visiting artists and residents
- Handling art sales and record keeping
- Communicating with the Marketing Department to ensure appropriate exhibition information is compiled
- Other marketing tasks, including social media posting and website blogging/updates
- Works with Exhibitions Director in scheduling exhibitions and updating shared calendars
- Reviews submitted portfolios with Exhibitions Director
- Administrative work and planning for Art Auction, Ad Astra Editions, Print Week, Ceramics Symposium, as well as any other supplemental programming working in tandem with Exhibitions
- Gallery installation and problem solving
- Gallery tours
- Main point of communication between Exhibitions Program and Front Office
- Assisting with other tasks as directed by the Exhibitions Director
Please submit a resume + cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org