- 12:00 AM
EPIC Clay Studio is a small non-profit ceramics studio in the heart of Strawberry Hill. It is a program of Accessible Arts in collaboration with CHWC. The studio is all-inclusive and open to ALL people of ALL ability levels.
Term: July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015
- BA or BFA in ceramics or related field/ or at least 5 years of experience with ceramics
- Experience operating Skutt Programmable Kilns. (The right candidate can be trained)
- Experience maintaining wheels, clay traps, slab rollers, etc.
- Experience reclaiming clay
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible schedule
- Reliable transportation
- 10 hours of work per week.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of EPIC Clay Studio
- Load, fire, and unload one bisque, and one glaze fire each week.
- Host 6 hours of open studio session a week. (Maintenance and Weekly firings can be done during this time)
- Teach One EPIC Class a week.
- Ability to sub for Teaching Artists, or swap shifts.
- Assist in organizing studio sales.
- Donate a small amount of functional work to the EPIC Clay Studio Sale.
- Wash kiln shelves.
- Clean out the clay trap as needed.
- Vacuum the kiln as needed.
- Keep inventory of glaze, clay, tools, paper goods,
- Train new teaching artists in the workings of EPIC Clay Studio
- Meet with Accessible Arts Program Manager Weekly to discuss studio operations and inventory.
- Attend Artist meeting once a month.
- Maintain a kiln log.
- Shared studio space
- 24-hour access to Studio Space.
- Use of storage space for artwork.
- Unlimited use of reclaimed clay
- $200 a month stipend
- $500.00 stipend to be used at Crane Yard Clay during the term of the residency (a written proposal must be submitted to Program Manager prior to each purchase)
- Free Firing: 1 personal fire a month, and/or use of shared kiln space.
- Present an Artist Lecture at the end of 1-year term covering the body of work created during residency.
- Cover Letter
- Artist Resume/CV
- Artist Statement
- Brief Proposal of project goals
- Digital Portfolio (20 images saved in JPEG format at 300dpi on a disc)
- Title and Media List with corresponding thumbnails
- List of References (3-5)
Applications must be postmarked by June 6th, 2014 and sent to:
ATTN: Kate Schroeder
1100 State Avenue
Kansas City, KS 66102