- 12:00 AM
Individual Artist Fellowships are unconditional, non-matching awards made directly to individual artists. Awarded annually, these fellowships recognize the artistic creative excellence of the recipient’s work and enable the selected artists to devote more time and energy to creating their art and mastering their craft. Funding categories change each year. Up to nine fellowships of $4,000 may be awarded.
The Fiscal Year 2018 categories are:
Literary Arts – Writing of Creative Nonfiction
Performing Arts – Cinematic Arts, Director of Narrative or Documentary Film
Visual Arts – Contemporary Craft
Deadline: April 14, 2017
AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION, THE APPLICANT MUST BE:
- At least 25 years of age;
- A resident of Arkansas for at least one year;
- A legal citizen of the United States or prove eligibility for full-time permanent employment.
THE APPLICANT MUST NOT BE:
- A previous recipient of an Arkansas Arts Council Individual Artist Fellowship award;
- A current Arkansas Arts Council advisory board member, Department of Arkansas Heritage staff or an immediate family member.
Work submitted for review must be original and created within the last five years. If the creation of work involves collaboration, the applicant must be the primary creator and identify his or her role and the amount and type of participation contributed in creating the work. An applicant may submit only one Individual Artist Fellowship application each year. Applications are judged on the quality of the artist’s work and materials submitted for review. In all categories, it is best to submit documentation materials that show a concentration rather than a range of work.
See below (right hand corner) for application information and guidelines. Questions: Call Robin McClea at (501) 324-9348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org