- 12:00 AM
In celebration of its 25th anniversary in 1997, Contemporary Craft established a $5,000 prize for excellence in the field of contemporary craft.
This biennial award, which is given in conjunction with a catalogue, video profile and juried exhibition, is funded by the daughters of Elizabeth R. Raphael, the founder of Contemporary Craft and a nationally known figure in the contemporary art scene for many decades. Prizes are selected by medium, with the designated medium changing with each biennial award.
2017 RAPHAEL PRIZE CALENDAR
- Call for Artists begins January 6, 2017
- Deadline for receipt of application June 9, 2017
- Notification of Finalists August 5, 2017
- Deadline for Finalists’ submissions July 13, 2018
- Notification of prize winners August 3, 2018
- Exhibition opening September 14, 2018
- Exhibition closes March 9, 2019
- Travel schedule begins April 2019
For more information about the award and how to apply please visit their website: http://contemporarycraft.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/FY17RP_Call-for-Artists.pdf