MONEY: A JURIED EXHIBITION
The Leedy-Voulkos Art Center
2012 Baltimore Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64108
April 5 – April 27, 2013
Sponsored by P&M ARTWORKS
Submission Deadline: February 8, 2013 Artist Notification: February 18, 2013
P&M Artworks seeks entries within the greater metropolitan Kansas City area for their second annual juried exhibition. Works in a range of visual art media are welcome, including painting, works on paper, photography, sculpture, glass, jewelry/metal work, furniture, textiles and digital/video responding to the theme, “Money.” A variety of interpretations centered on individual meanings and reflections on the idea of “Money” will be selected for the exhibition.
The jurors, DAVID IMMENSCHUH, Principal FIBA at BNIM Architecture Firm, and EG SCHEMPF, the most sought-after fine art object photographer in Kansas City, alongside Patricia B. Glenn (art historian) and Michael J. Pronko, MD of P&M Artworks, will select three artists from the show for individual cash awards ($600/1st, $400/2nd, $200/3rd), exposure on the P&M Artworks website and special press coverage.
-Must be 18 or older to enter.
-Must be an artist residing in greater Kansas City.
– Artists may enter up to three submissions/project proposals for a $15 fee. Checks must be payable to P&M Artworks.
– Work for the exhibition will be selected primarily based on the visual elements of the piece itself, however the written proposal explaining the piece’s relation to the theme will be taken into consideration.
-Each submission can be represented by up to two professional quality j-peg images, 300 dpi, 4 x 6 inches on a CD (one overall view and one optional detail view). File names must include artist’s last name and the work’s title (i.e. last name-title.jpg).
-CDs should include a file (label as ‘commentary’) containing a 250-word project proposal explaining how submissions relate to the theme of Money, an image list, and a resume (label as ‘resume’) including all artist contact information and can include an artist statement if desired.
-The image list file (label as ‘image list’) must include information: title, medium, dimensions (H x W x D, in inches) and date of work/s. Please number images in accordance with image list. Images that are improperly labeled or lack any of the above information will not be considered.
-Submission should represent current work or work completed within the past two years.
-Work may not exceed a dimension of 60 by 40 inches, or a weight of 75 pounds.
-All works must be for sale.
- Check for $15 made out to “P&M Artworks”
- A CD containing:
- A folder of 2 images per submission (3 submissions per $15 fee)
- A file labeled “Last name-Image List” with piece information
- A file labeled “Last name-Commentary” describing how each piece relates to the theme of Money.
- A file labeled “Last name-Resume” with resume and/or artist statement. This file MUST begin with your contact information! ***DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER & EMAIL IN THE CONTACT INFO ON YOUR RESUME or your piece will not be considered***
Artists must list a price for each piece (can be indicated on your Image list). All sales will be split with P&M Artworks 50/50, so please price work accordingly.
All submissions (CD, entry fees) must be mailed to P&M Artworks, C/O Dr. Michael J. Pronko, 4121 W. 83rd St., Suite 223, Prairie Village, KS. 66208. Proposal packets will not be returned without a SASE.
Submission guidelines, an exhibition prospectus, juror bios and more about P&M Artworks can be seen at www.pm-artworks.com.