The Missouri Touring Performers Directory Missouri Arts Council is dedicated to providing performance arts experiences for audiences throughout the state to nurture appreciation for Missouri’s diverse cultural resources. The Missouri Touring Performers Directory (MTP) is produced by the Missouri Arts Council to support communities seeking quality performing artists as well as to promote the performers themselves. Participants currently include 150 dancers, musicians, music groups, theatrical performers, storytellers, and folk artists.
Each listing includes:
– Brief description of the performing artist’s program(s)
– Biographical information
– Contact information
– Performance Fees
– Technical requirements
The performance fee indicates the cost of presenting a program an average distance from the artist’s home area and includes transportation and lodging, unless otherwise noted. Factors affecting the performance fee include: number and type of performances at a specific location; size and type of audience expected; actual distance traveled; block booking arrangements; and equipment required. All fees listed are negotiable and subject to change.
MAC does not serve as a booking agent for artists listed, nor does a listing guarantee
employment. The most successful artists use this as a tool to help promote themselves to potential booking agents. Eligible organizations may request funding from MAC to present artists in this directory to their community.
To be included as a Missouri Touring Performer, artists must be:
– Legal residents of Missouri for at least one year prior to the application deadline (individual artists). Artist groups must be based in Missouri and employ primarily Missouri artists.
– Nonprofit status is not required.
– Professional artist(s) with at least two years of touring experience.
– Available to tour to a minimum of two Missouri communities at least 50 miles outside of the artist’s home base annually.
Directory applications are evaluated on the following criteria:
– Artistic excellence (based on support materials)
– Performance and touring experience
– Professionalism in management, marketing/promotion, etc.
– Contribution to a well-rounded touring directory
Fill out the online application here: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/23405395073957
All submissions are due Monday, February 25, 2013. Acceptance to the Missouri Touring Performer directory is a prerequisite for participating in the MAC School Touring Roster and Mid-America Art Alliance Regional Touring Program. If you wish to be considered for the School Touring Roster at the same time, include a study guide in your support materials. For more information contact the Arts Education Program Specialist, Julie Hale. email@example.com
In addition, you must include support materials electronically as a part of your online application. Physical support materials will not be accepted. If you have any issues providing support materials electronically, call Program Specialist, Leslie Forrester at (314) 340-6858. You will be able to upload media and documents including .mp3, .wma, .doc, .txt, and .pdf. All electronic files must be clearly labeled with the artist/artist group’s name and content (i.e., smithmusic.mp3). Alternatively you may provide a link to materials online that support your application (website, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
Support materials are limited to a maximum of ten files or links:
– Performances: Panelists will limit their review to 3-5 minute segments. Video of a staged performance is preferred to a video production.
– Marketing: brochure; sample program; sample news release; reviews; artist/presenter
contract, reviews, previous presenters, audience, and noteworthy individuals (cite source).
– Resume(s) of artists/touring manager (2 pages maximum per person)
– Letters of Recommendation (3 maximum)
Application Review Process
Applications are reviewed in May by panelists that are knowledgeable in a particular art form, arts presenters, or community arts representatives. The panel recommendations are presented to the MAC board for approval at the June meeting. Performers will be notified of the MAC board’s decision in July when the directory is revised.
Missouri Touring Roster artists do not reapply each year although they are subject to
reevaluation on request. Artists are evaluated by presenters to ensure that performers continue to meet program requirements.
For More Information Contact Touring Artist Program Specialist, Leslie Forrester. firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website: https://www.missouriartscouncil.org/touring.aspx